10 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Finances
Checklist to de-clutter, re-evaluate and improve your financial order
As a Fee-Only Registered Investment Advisor, our first priority is helping you to take care of yourself and your family. Spring offers a renewal of nature all around you, and it can also mark a renewed interest and commitment to your goals. You’re already sorting through slips and statements to file your taxes, so you might as well take some time to focus on the little things that you can do to improve your financial health.
- Review your goals and financial plan
- Create or update your budget and check your emergency fund
- Check your credit report and card rates https://www.annualcreditreport.com/
- Update your filing system and shred old documents
- Ramp up retirement savings contribution, if possible
- Consolidate accounts for ease of management and estate planning
- Rebalance your investment asset allocation
- Establish or review your estate plan
- Review your insurance policies as well as beneficiary information
- Create or update your master list of user names & passwords, emergency contacts and third-party professionals.